We collect your Personal Information directly and indirectly from you. When your Personal Information is collected, obligatory information is preceded by an asterisk, as it is essential to the execution of the contract, the performance of the services or compliance with a legal obligation.
Specific examples of the types of Personal Information collected by the Company are as follows:
- Prefix / Sex / Title
- First name
- Date of birth
- Home or delivery address (post code, city, country)
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Billing Information
- Browsing behavior on the Website (with cookies)
- All information about you shared with internal Company teams
- Identifiers, which may include name, address, online identifier or username, Internet Protocol address, or email address. These are sourced directly from you or indirectly from you (e.g., from observing your actions on the Website). We disclose this information for business purposes to internet service providers, administrative service providers, and payment processors.
- Personal Information categories contained in customer records, which may include name, address, telephone number. We source this information directly from you. We disclose this information for business purposes to internet service providers, administrative service providers, and payment processors.
- Characteristics of protected classifications, such as age or gender. We source this information directly from you. We do not disclose this information to third parties.
- Commercial information, which may include records of services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies. We source this information directly from you. We disclose this information for business purposes to internet service providers, administrative service providers, and payment processors.
- Internet, technical or other similar network activity, which may include usage and browsing history; device information, including device properties; search history; information on your interaction with our Website; and error logs. We source this information directly or indirectly from you (e.g., from observing your actions on our Website). We disclose this information for business purposes to administrative service providers, data analytics providers, and internet service providers.
- Inferences drawn from other Personal Information, which may include a profile reflecting a person’s preferences, interests, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes. We source this information directly or indirectly from you, (e.g., from observing your actions on our Website). We do not disclose this information to third parties.
The Website is encrypted according to SSL (Secure Socket Layer) protocol and is reinforced by a set of various existing encryption processes in order to provide the most effective protection possible for your confidential billing information. The Company does not have access to your confidential banking information, only its banking partner has access to this confidential information (card number, expiry date, security code) and this information cannot be consulted by the Company or any third party.
The Company will store your Personal Information only for the time necessary to provide its Services.
In the event of prolonged inactivity on your part, for a period of five (5) years, your user account will be deactivated. At the end of this period, the Company may contact you to find out whether or not you wish to (i) continue to receive Newsletters and other publications from the Company; (ii) keep your account.
The Company reserves the right to retain your Personal Information for a longer period, for statistical purposes, in cases of suspected illegal activity on the Website, or for probative purposes in the context of an obligation (particularly accounting or legal obligations) during statutory limitation periods, or in response to any requests from the authorities responsible for the protection of Personal Information.
The Company may also keep, for its records, copies of communications with you and any response to questions and/or comments sent by our Customer Service department.
Your Personal Information may be shared with other companies in the Company group so that you can take advantage of high quality, tailored services in each of your interactions and contacts with the Company; and so that the Company can offer products and services that might interest you.
The Company may share your Personal Information with trusted third parties acting on behalf of the Company, particularly service providers involved in the management of our Website and providing IT, hosting, maintenance and support services for our equipment, infrastructures, software, applications and databases; providers of services essential to the execution of sales (payment provider, delivery provider and order follow-up).
When the Company organizes joint events with our commercial partners, this may entail sharing your Personal Information with these partners, only when you have consented to this sharing and strictly in the context of such events.
The Company may share your Personal Information if we believe that this disclosure is necessary to comply with current legal provisions, particularly in the context of legal proceedings, or to protect the legitimate interests of the Company.
Under no circumstances will the Company offer your Personal Information for sale.
Your Personal Information is transferred within the Company corporation on the basis of the binding corporate rules.
The Company may also send your Personal Information to third party service providers outside the European Union for certain service requirements. For any transfers of your Personal Information outside the European Union where the level of personal data protection is not equivalent to GDPR, the Company ensures that the appropriate guarantees are put in place to preserve the security of your personal data, either with an adequacy decision, or by signing the European Commission’s standard contractual clauses.
You can change your preferences in terms of cookie management at any time during your connection to the website.
Categories of Cookies Used
- Technical cookies:
Technical cookies are necessary for the technical functioning of the website and are therefore permanently activated to allow the successful conclusion of essential operations proposed by the website. Technical cookies cannot be disactivated. These cookies allow your route through the website to be tracked, the functioning of your basket to be managed until the purchasing process and you to be assisted in the event of any security problems.
- Functional cookies:
Functional cookies improve the functioning and ergonomics of the Website because they remember the choices you make when you browse the Website and provide you with customized services to give you a better experience. They can provide services that you have requested such as direct chat. Deactivating these cookies, the relevance of the recommendations could be reduced and the Website’s browsing speed slowed down.
- Performance cookies:
Performance cookies collect information on how you use the Website and allow us to analyze your browsing and measure the Website’s audience. These cookies are exclusively used for statistical purposes and improve the functioning of the Website.
- Advertising cookies:
Advertising cookies allow us to offer you customized advertising on the internet in line with your interests, particularly on social media, and to monitor the performance of our advertising. Advertising cookies on social media also allow you to connect to your social media and to share content from the Website on your social media.
Manage your Cookie Preferences
- We also use Facebook Analytics to measure your use of our Website, tailor our Website to your interests, and improve our products and services. Please note, Facebook can connect this data with your Facebook account and use it for its own advertising purposes, in accordance with Facebook’s Data Policy which can be found at Facebook.com/about/privacy/.
Any registration of cookies on your computer requires your consent, which can be given and modified at any time without charge by changing your browser settings. Each browser has its own cookie management system. They are described in the help menu of each browser, and below you will find instructions on how to manage and disable cookies for the main types of web browsers:
For Internet Explorer 8 and later versions:
- Go to “Tools” menu, then “Internet Options”
- Click on “Privacy”
- Select your preferred level of privacy
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Go to “Tools” then “Options” menu
- Click on the “Privacy” settings
- Select your preferred option on the “Cookies” menu
- Go to “Files” > “Preferences”
- Click on “Privacy”
- Select your preferred options
- Click on the upper right button
- Go to “Settings” then “Privacy and security menu”
- Select your preferred option
For Safari on iOS:
- In the “Settings” app, go to “Safari” menu
- Go to “Accept cookies” under “Privacy”
- Select your preferred option
For Google Chrome:
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar
- Select “Settings” then click “show advanced settings”
- In the “Privacy” section, click the “Content settings” button.
- In the “Cookies” section, you can change cookies settings
The “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) privacy preference is an option that may be made in some web browsers allowing you to opt-out of tracking by websites and online services. At this time, global standard DNT technology is not yet finalized and not all browsers support DNT. The Company therefore does not recognize DNT signals and do not respond to them.
Your Personal Information is strictly confidential. The Company’s employees who, as a result of their role, have access to your Personal Information, are subject to strict confidentiality obligations.
The Company has a procedure for handling a proven or suspected breach of the security of your Personal Information under the conditions and within the legal deadlines.
The Company demands the same technical and organizational security measures from all third parties with which we collaborate.
Transactions concluded on the Website are protected by an SSL encryption process. The Company reminds you, however, that no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure and that all information communicated online can potentially be intercepted and used by people other than the intended recipient. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you understand that any information that you transfer to us is done at your own risk. If we learn of a security system breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using the Website or providing Personal Information to us, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of the Website. We may post a notice via our Website if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
As of January 1, 2020, you may be entitled to the below rights:
- The right to know. You may request information about the categories and specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you, as well as the categories of sources from which such information is collected, the purpose for collecting such information, and the sale or disclosure for business purposes of your Personal Information to third parties, and the categories of third parties with whom this information was shared. You may also request a copy of the Personal Information we have collected, and upon request, we will provide this information to you in electronic form;
- The right to opt out of the sale of your Personal Information to third parties. We note that we do not sell your Personal Information at this time, we do not share your Personal Information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, and we do not collect the Personal Information of children under 18 years old;
- The right to request deletion of your Personal Information, subject to certain legal exceptions; and
- The right to not be discriminated against for exercising any of the rights mentioned above.
You can exercise your rights by contacting us using the details set out in the section below. Whenever feasible for verification, we will match the identifying information provided by you to the Personal Information already maintained by us. If, however, we cannot verify your identity from the information already maintained by us, we may request additional information. You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. Such authorized agent must have permission to submit requests on your behalf. We may deny a request from an agent that does not submit proof that they have been authorized by you to act on your behalf.
You can contact the Company at any time to access your Personal Information, to update, correct or delete it, or restrict its processing, by writing to our Customer Service department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When the processing of your Personal Information is based on consent, the withdrawal of consent does not affect processing carried out before the withdrawal of consent. When the processing of your Personal Information is based on the legitimate interest of the Company, you can challenge the processing when your interests and your fundamental freedoms prevail over the legitimate interest of the Company.
In order to satisfy your request, when the Company has reasonable doubts about your identity, the Company reserves the right to ask you for any additional information enabling it to identify you with certainty.
Where necessary, You must ensure that you provide the Company with any changes to your information, in particular to allow us to ship your orders to the correct address and to contact you if necessary.
In the event of a dispute regarding the way in which the Company collects and processes your Personal Information, you have the option to:
- Issue a complaint.
- Inform the Data Protection Officer by email to email@example.com.
- File a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority.